Lessons at Friendly-Frets
Here are some Quick Facts about Lessons
Gordon helps beginning students establish good habits with their hand placement and playing posture.
Students are given weekly opportunities to read various musical notation formats that apply to fretted instruments.
Applied Music Theory
Gordon looks for teachable moments to point out music theory concepts of melody, harmony, and rhythm as they occur in student songs. .
Gordon easily adapts his instruction around the chosen songs of his students.
Potential Skills you could develop from Lessons:
- Being proficient with chords of all shapes and sizes when playing songs.
- Ear-Training - Attaching relevant information to what you hear.
- Soloing/Improvisation - Learning how to play lead guitar.
- Developing proficiency with rhythm and strumming so you can play music with others.
- Understanding Song components and common music forms
- Isolating components of a particular music genre
- Becoming your own teacher by developing the ability to teaching yourself new songs.