Guitar ~ Bass ~ Ukulele Lessons
Everett, Snohomish, Mill Creek, Bothell WA
"Where Can I Find Lessons Near Me?"
Welcome to Friendly Frets!
My name is Gordon Tibbits and I offer both in-person and online-zoom lessons on guitar, bass, and ukulele. I’m very comfortable helping kids, teens, and adults realize their musical potential while enjoying the experience of learning along the way.
My lesson studio is located just North of Seattle Hill Road near the communities of Everett, Silver Lake, Mill Creek, Bothell, and Snohomish.
Teaching beginning students is my jam!
If you are new to the guitar, bass, or ukulele you have come to the right place! I enjoy working with beginning students who have little or no previous experience. My approach to teaching is student focused and informed by 35 years of experience as a long-time music educator and musician. Through lessons we will work together to develop the skills, concepts, and tools that will move you forward to having skills and proficiency on your chosen instrument.
Have you played music in years past and want to pick up where you have left off? It’s never too late to learn new skills, concepts, and tools that will move your forward in your musical journey. I can help you by assessing your current skills, interests, and goals. Then together we can formulate specific goals and narrow in on the skill areas most pertinent for your success.
Kids, Teens, Adults Welcome!
I start lessons with students as young as age 7. My experience as a teacher and parent has helped me to better understand and appreciate the unique developmental markers and learning attributes of kids between ages 7-10, tweens, and teens. I also very much enjoy working with adult students of all ages and walks of life.
My teaching practice is best described as student-focused, empathetic, encouraging, and oriented around the unique qualities, goals, and interests of each student I teach. I have crafted a specific structure to my lessons for the sake of efficiency but can also be flexible enough to accommodate the immediate questions, concerns, and daily interests of my students.
Music I Teach
My teaching practice accommodates a fairly wide range of music genres and styles and very much song oriented. I have performed many types of music including rock, blues, jazz, country, bluegrass, folk, worship music, metal, rhythm and blues, indie rock, funk, and many other styles. Please see my video “Music I Teach” to learn more about my music offerings.
- Visit my Lessons page to find out how lessons work at Friendly Frets!
- Please visit my About page for more info about my qualifications, experience, qualities, and skills.
- Please visit my Lesson Policy page to learn how I structure lessons at Friendly Frets.
- Register for Lessons if you are ready to start learning!
- Contact me if you have additional questions about starting lessons, finding an instrument, or would like talk further about your specific needs, interests, and goals.
- Please visit my FAQ page for answers to questions often asked by new students and their families.
- The Friendly Frets Resource Page contains articles and free lesson material to help you get started learning.
Friendly Frets Lesson Studio
Everett, WA 98208